Tuesday, February 28, 2012

S1E6- Skin


I'm a bit of a stickler for the "Why?"s when I'm watching something, and so far Supernatural has lived up to its promise to answer that. This episode didn't though, which is a bit disappointing.

They explained what the monster was, but not why it did the things it did. What was the significance of beating and mutilating victims? I get that he was lonely, had been treated like a monster, but where did the obsession with impersonating people to brutalize women arise, and why?

I was really hoping that whatever it was though, would shift back to its original form when it was dead, we really only caught a kind of glimpse when it was shifting.

I am curious if there will be an affect of Dean being "dead" though. It could be really helpful, I imagine.

Ok, there is one thing I really hate though. When that guy came home early and found his wife tied to a chair, he went and looked around in their house for her attacker. Why the hell do they have people do that in these shows! I tell you what you do, so listen up if you ever end up in a horror movie. You lock the damn door behind you, and you call 911. FOR GOD'S SAKE, DON'T GO POKING AROUND.

1 comment:

  1. It's cool you have expectations regarding the story that the show should uphold. I hate when tv shows and movies present information and expect you to just buy it without giving any motivation or justification. I've seen a few Supernatural episodes here and there, but I don't know too much about the show. Hopefully this episode is just a fluke!

    ReplyDelete