Friday, March 2, 2012

S1E7- Hook Man

 
I think looking for cameos has become my favorite pastime when it comes to this show.

I flailed around a little when Dan Butler (known to me as Bulldog, from Frasier, another favorite show of mine) showed up as Lori's father.

I'd never heard of the Hook Man legend prior to this episode, but it's a bit of a freaky one. It's also interesting to see clear overtones associated with it; the idea that he will punish the immoral (those engaging in premarital sex, indulging in vices, etc) for their indiscretion.

Also: Dean would have so been a frat boy, omg. Could you imagine the havoc he would have wrecked?

I gave mad kudos to myself for calling the fact that the last bit of silver melted from the hook was the cross and chain she was wearing. It makes me wonder if that was part of the reason the spirit of the Hook Man latched onto her, because it was something she carried with her and it opened her up to it or something.

So far, I like the ones that deal with urban legends, because I like the idea of pinning an actual history to something regarded as just an old story.

No comments:

Post a Comment