Sunday, February 26, 2012

S1E4- Phantom Traveler


I really shouldn't find other people's fears amusing. But Dean was just precious. Big, bad Dean has aviophobia, who knew?

"Why do you think I drive everywhere Sam?!"

(Yes, I realize my hypocrisy, considering my fear of open water could just as easily be made fun of.)

I knew that demonology would definitely come into play sooner or later, and this was certainly a cool way to do it. Even Dean makes a point of talking about the idea that even something as ancient as a demon could update with the times in order to cause the most devastation, which is an interesting idea to think about.

In that regard, it reminds me a little bit of the Kevin Smith movie Dogma, which deals with angels and demons being completely comfortable interacting and moving about within the modern world. (Dogma takes a much raunchier approach though, if you've seen any other Kevin Smith films you'll understand what I mean.)

I also really liked that it was someone from Dean's past that contacted them to bring the plane crash to their attention. You somehow tend to forget that Dean's been fighting monsters of all kinds pretty much his entire life, so there are definitely people who know what him and his father do for a living and keep an eye out for them, so to speak.

No comments:

Post a Comment