Saturday, February 25, 2012

S1E3- Dead in the Water


I'm not afraid of much, but the only genuine phobia I do have is fear of open water. Put me in a boat, and I'm fine, but throw me into the water where I cannot see the bottom and I will hyperventilate. So episodes like this scare the crap out of me.

I'm one of those viewers that yells at the characters when they're about to do something insanely stupid. Therefore, I was yelling through half this episode.

"OH MY GOD, YOUR SINK JUST STARTED FLOODING WITH OMINOUSLY DARK LAKE WATER, WHY WOULD YOU REACH INTO THE DRAIN!"

"FIRSTLY, YOUR TUB IS ABOUT TO OVERFLOW, WHY ARE YOU KEEPING THE WATER RUNNING, AND SECONDLY, PAY ATTENTION BECAUSE THE WATER JUST TURNED MURKY AND GROSS AND IS ABOUT TO KILL YOU."

"THAT KID CAN CLEARLY SEE AND UNDERSTAND THINGS YOU DON'T, SO STOP TELLING HIM TO HIDE IN HIS ROOM, ASK FOR HIS HELP ALREADY."

Needless to say, my family told me I was crazy and to stop talking over the hockey game.

I think one of the scariest parts of this episode though, was how human beings are capable of doing such awful things to each other. When did that guy ever get the idea that holding another boy's head under water just because he was smaller was "just a bit of fun"? The thing is though, stuff like that actually happens. Horrifying.

I really loved Dean's affection for Lucas though. The fact that he saw something of himself in that poor boy, and that he was more concerned with making sure that him and his mom were ok than he was of getting arrested was really lovely. It definitely shows that he meant it when he said that he wanted to help as many people as he could by doing what they do.

No comments:

Post a Comment