Wednesday, March 7, 2012

S1E8- Bugs


I don't think I classify myself as entomophobic or arachnophobic, really, bugs are just kind of creepy. But even I would have started hyperventilating if I had fallen into a sink hole full of beetles.

This episode is one of the ones that preys on a common fear and magnifies it by a zillion. Thanks for that, Supernatural.

I think what I loved the most about this episode though, is the fact that there was so much great dialogue; both conversations and one-liners. Arguing over who was going to go down into the sink hole to investigate, "Dude, this shower is awesome," "Anyone who starts off with 'the truth is' is a liar."

Even the little blips of brotherly hostility were fascinating. It's clear where Dean and Sam's loyalties are being tested, especially in regards to family, and they have no problem calling each other out on it either. I have the feeling it's only a matter of time before someone snaps.

No comments:

Post a Comment